Zodlikeproductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Epoch Times

Go down

The Epoch Times Empty The Epoch Times

Post by Abacus Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:45 pm

The Epoch Times
is a multi-language newspaper founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement.
Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues,
it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in
Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

(December 21, 2019) Facebook says it removed fake accounts linked to a pro-Trump media outlet known to push conspiracy theories
Facebook is said to have removed more than 600 fake accounts
linked to a website known to have pushed conspiracy theories in support of President Donald Trump.
NBC News reported Friday that The Epoch Times spent millions of dollars to run ads through the network of fake accounts,
which apparently were created using artificial intelligence and were run by Vietnamese users pretending to be Americans.
businessinsider.com/facebook-says-pro-trump-media-outlet-used-fake-profiles-2019-12

(December 23, 2019) Pro-Trump news outlet used AI to create fake Facebook accounts pushing far-right stories, officials say (Epoch Times)
Facebook has removed hundreds of fake accounts created with artificial intelligence by a right-wing media company meant to promote its own content supportive of Donald Trump
and critical of the Chinese government, the company said. The campaign used artificially generated profile images and employed more than 600 Facebook accounts,
89 pages, 156 groups and 72 Instagram profiles, according to NBC News, all of which had been removed from the company’s social media platforms by Monday.
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-fake-news-facebook-epoch-times-artificial-intelligence-ai-remove-accounts-a9258141.html

(April 29, 2020) Some Canadians who received unsolicited copy of Epoch Times upset by claim that China was behind virus
People in Oakville, Etobicoke, Markham, and Toronto, Ont. all reported getting copies of a special edition of the Epoch Times,
as did residents in Vancouver, Kelowna, B.C., and Winnipeg. Some of them expressed concerns to CBC News over the content.
Complaints have also surfaced on social media. It's not clear whether or not all the special edition copies were delivered
by Canada Post. Lisa Armstrong in Kelowna found a copy in her rural mailbox. "That's when I got annoyed or suspicious.
It's like, why is this in my mailbox? You expect to see those kind of things online on social media," she said.
Cindy Gu, the publisher of the Epoch Times, declined to say how many copies of that issue were distributed.
In an email to CBC News, Gu said the publication had been delivering copies to "specific neighbourhoods."
cbc.ca/news/canada/epoch-times-coronavirus-bioweapon-1.5548217

(April 30, 2020) Anger after Edinburgh residents receive 'dangerous' right-wing coronavirus fake news magazine
A bizarre right wing conspiracy magazine printed in the US and branded "dangerous propaganda" has been delivered to some Edinburgh residents,
and accuses the Chinese Communist Party of orchestrating a huge cover up. The Daily Record reports that people across the city received the glossy magazine
on Tuesday morning (29 April). In its issue dedicated to coronavirus, it claims the pandemic should be re-branded the “CCP virus” after the ruling Chinese Communist Party.
There is no explanation why the magazine was delivered to Edinburgh, but people in Oakville, Etobicoke, Markham, and Toronto in Canada also received a copy.
edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/anger-after-edinburgh-residents-receive-18172786

(May 6, 2020) Epoch Times conspiracy 'news' sent to Oxfordshire councillors
SOUTH Oxfordshire councillors have raised the alarm after they were apparently targeted by a Trump-backing,
Chinese conspiracy theory-peddling website spreading misinformation about the coronavirus.
The email, sent to members of South Oxfordshire District Council, is from what appears to be a personal Gmail account
belonging to someone called Nathan Song, but includes links to the website of the Epoch Times,
a news organisation run by dissidents from China, who in recent years have backed Donald Trump’s presidency
and promoted several prominent conspiracy theories. In the email, titled ‘Please support our review of China policy’,
councillors are invited to watch an hour-long documentary and read a digital version of Epoch Times' 60-page March/April edition.
heraldseries.co.uk/news/18429293.epoch-times-conspiracy-news-sent-oxfordshire-councillors/

(May 13, 2020) Sheffield councillors targeted with coronavirus conspiracy theory and false information
Councillors in Sheffield raised the alarm after they were targeted by a Trump-supporting publication spreading misinformation about the coronavirus.
The Epoch Times is a New York-based newspaper which has reportedly given extensive funding and support to US President Donald Trump
and promoted conspiracy theories including Spygate and QAnon. So it came as a shock to elected members of Sheffield Council when it sent unsolicited emails
urging them to watch an hour-long film which puts blame on the Chinese Communist Party for the pandemic and calls it the ‘Wuhan virus’ and ‘CCP virus’.
sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/council/sheffield-councillors-targeted-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-and-false-information-2851618

(June 9, 2020) Hong Kong’s ‘pro-democracy’ movement allies with far-right US politicians that seek to crush Black Lives Matter
A leading Hong Kong “pro-democracy” figure, Jimmy Lai, has denounced nationwide protests in the United States against police brutality and systemic racism,
which were sparked by the police killing of an African-American man, George Floyd.
Hong Kong’s “pro-democracy” activists have gone so far as to derail the efforts
of an African-American woman who attempted to organize a Black Lives Matter demonstration in the city,
accusing her of being an agent of the police and Communist Party of China.
thegrayzone.com/2020/06/09/hong-kongs-far-right-us-politicians-crush-black-lives-matter/

(June 19, 2020) Controversial right-wing newspaper Epoch Times sent to homes in Cambridge
A controversial newspaper that has been accused of spreading misinformation
has been delivered to homes in Cambridge. Unsolicited copies of the Epoch Times
appeared in letterboxes this week with the front page 'How the Chinese Community Party Endangered the World'.
One woman living in Queen Edith, Cambridge, said the paper arrived earlier this week alongside her usual takeaway flyers.
"I hadn't heard of it before," she told CambsLive. "It said on it: 'a factual and honest newspaper', and I said to my husband it's dodgy if a newspaper needs to say that."
In another part of Cambridge, a man in Sawston was also shocked to receive a copy of the paper.
Reacting on social media, he said: "What is this s**t? Why is it being posted through my door? Take your ***** rag [Epoch Times] and kindly do one."
cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/epoch-times-sent-homes-cambridge-18445673

(August 6, 2020) Facebook removes troll farm posing as African-American support for Donald Trump
Facebook removed hundreds of accounts on Thursday from a foreign troll farm posing as African-Americans in support of Donald Trump and QAnon supporters.
It also removed hundreds of fake accounts linked to conservative media outlet The Epoch Times
that pushed pro-Trump conspiracy theories about coronavirus and protests in the U.S.
Facebook took down the accounts as part of its enforcement against coordinated inauthentic behavior,
which is the use of fake accounts to inflate the reach of content or products on social media.
The foreign pro-Trump troll farm was based in Romania and pushed content on Instagram
under names like “BlackPeopleVoteForTrump”
and on Facebook under “We Love Our President.”
nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/facebook-removes-troll-farm-posing-african-american-support-donald-trump-n1236056

(September 3, 2020) Mysterious Mass-Delivery of Right-Wing Newspaper Raises Questions in Brooklyn
If you’ve noticed a copy of The Epoch Times on your stoop in the last few weeks, you’re not alone.
Dozens of Brooklyn residents across Brownsville, Crown Heights, East New York and Bushwick have received unsolicited copies
of the right-wing newspaper and are asking–why now? “In all my years in Bed-Stuy, I never once saw it.
Last weekend there was a copy on my stoop,” Cypress Hills resident Ro Johnson said.
Many in Bed-Stuy are now reporting getting the paper, too.
The mysterious mass-mail drop has some Brooklyn residents wondering if the upcoming election is involved,
with some saying they’ve seen the conservative paper before, but not in such quantity.
“First time I’ve ever seen them delivered via direct mail like a drugstore circular,”
one Bed-Stuy resident said on Facebook. “Definitely seems like a new tactic, and I don’t think their distribution to gentrifying Black neighborhoods is a mere coincidence.”
bkreader.com/2020/09/03/mysterious-mass-delivery-of-right-wing-newspaper-in-brooklyn-raises-questions/

Alan MacLeod
@AlanRMacLeod
(August 4, 2021)

That Facebook is recommending I watch content from the far-right QAnon-pushing Trump-loving conspiracy website the Epoch Times
(founded by a very weird Chinese cult) goes to show how little they actually care about fake news and bad information.

twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1422986961472610309

Gumby, JD (murdered)
@gumby4christ
(January 6, 2022)

For some reason, when I joined GETTR with a burner account,
it recommended I follow a bunch of Brazilian accounts, including Bolsonaro.

twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1478962666819497985

Gumby, JD (murdered)
@gumby4christ
(January 6, 2022)

The best part of GETTR is the Live Now tab,
which I imagine is very confusing for anyone who's unaware that the site was repurposed
from a Chinese-language social media platform created by Bannon-crony Chinese billionaire Miles Guo.

twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1478964385548750849

Dave DeCamp
@DecampDave
(February 3, 2022)

I’m not a fan of social media sites that email me State Department propaganda

twitter.com/DecampDave/status/1489327878131142657?cxt=HHwWgsC-oY_0k6spAAAA

Abacus

Back to top Go down

The Epoch Times Empty Re: The Epoch Times

Post by Zambeezi Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:23 pm

The Epoch Times 3616357017

Back to top Go down

Post by Abacus Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:16 pm

@Zambeezi

The Epoch Times 3077205713
Thanks man

Abacus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:14 am

Twitter Censors All Content From The Epoch Times
https://archive.ph/wip/ijohP
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/twitter-censors-all-content-epoch-times

https://archive.ph/o7YEd
https://www.theepochtimes.com/twitter-censors-all-content-from-the-epoch-times_4631372.html
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), vice chairman of the Select Committee on Intelligence,
and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who serves on the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations,
 decried the move as an act of censorship.

Ha! just an anecdote to the above...
I live in 'nowhere' rural Arizona.
again...
everybody on my street received a FREE! hardcopy newspaper. The Epoch Times.
Every article spits out the US Foreign Policy.
It 'invites' you to subscribe.
It is a neoconservative intelligence construct... completely. A conservative think tank front.
It is still claiming it's 'Hong Kong' freedom roots.
Marco Rubio is very upset. lol.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum