Zodlikeproductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

+12
boris
Martial Rokossovsky
FoShizzle
Pillar2
Mr Badger
Böhse Tante
shachalnur
Zambeezi
Talos
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
KneelB4Zod!
The Original Mind
16 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 Empty Re: #42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by boris Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:36 am

is that "Sam the Eagle" behind him on the right?
#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 Latest?cb=20120206211308

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
Terence McKenna
boris
boris

Back to top Go down

#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 Empty Re: #42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by boris Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:38 am

well, that was not much.
Iran standing down, no one hurt. no threats of any other action.

Last edited by boris on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
Terence McKenna
boris
boris

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:39 am

Basic points are they haven't decided on a response yet and saying Iran is backing down...

Meaning de-escalation...

Obviously depending on what's next
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Mind Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:39 am

So new sanctions, call for NATO to ditch the nuclear deal, and promise of a rich future. So back in Iran’s court. No mention of leaving Iraq.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity Blows Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:47 am

So, no military action, seems like de-escalation for now.

“I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.”
Smedley D. Butler
Humanity Blows
Humanity Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am

Humanity Blows wrote:So, no military action, seems like de-escalation for now.

Both sides are trying to back away and the US is trying to resume business as usual I dare say Iran is trying to ease on the proxy front but they're a wildcard in this at the minute
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:36 am

The_Real_Mr_Anderson wrote:

Both sides are trying to back away and the US is trying to resume business as usual I dare say Iran is trying to ease on the proxy front but they're a wildcard in this at the minute
i see no evidence nor 'gesture' of that.
in fact my impression is that they have said and intend the exact opposite.
it's the only hope for the levant and the sovereigns.
GTFO.

===========

back to the speech...
i've nvr seen trump look so shaken. ever. all confidence gone. arrogance faked. barely.
like he was on the cliff edge of a total breakdown.
I doubt we'll see any clever tweets today. nope.
he's in the Lincoln room on meds curled up in the fetal position.
wait till he sees what's coming. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Zambeezi on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 am

Back to top Go down

Post by username Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 am

Soleimani assassination was a huge stupid blunder or a bold attempt to start a war.
This is not a decision that could have been taken by Trump himself out of the blue, especially since he was pushing to pull out of Syria and generally from ME. He obviously did not know who Soleimani was and the weak rhetoric after the event is only a poor attempt to minimize the PR damage. Someone must have pushed hard for it and advisers definitely misled Trump on consequences as this was a huge hit on his supporter base which is against war and for return of US troops home.

Something major must have been done since then behind scenes as Iran response was extremely weak and obviously meant to cause no real damage. Russia was suspiciously quiet as well. Quite surprising to see Russia and China less vocal than some NATO members.
I expect important changes at the top of Pentagon, CIA, DoD.
US cannot win a full conventional war against Iran by itself especially if Iran receives AA assistance from Russia and there is nobody in the region to go against them on the ground.
Trump statement today and Khamenei announcements confirm nobody has any intention to further escalate the conflict.
Some further local militia attacks are still to be expected but the response will be limited as well.

username

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 am

Zambeezi wrote:

GTFO.

back to the speech...
i've nvr seen trump look so shaken. ever. all confidence gone. arrogance faked. barely.

I think he got the kidney punch no bully expects and now he doesn't know what to do he probably had a row with staff too other what he wants and expects as opposed to what can be realistically done.

However with what he's done they can now say we held back, I stand by my thoughts earlier that they're waiting for the proxies

The bit that makes me think Iran may be trying to calm the Proxies (it was just a thought no merit to it) is that Iran has just pulled off something no one else has without getting a hard response I respect them more because they took the swing despite what was potentially coming their way, however I've never known them to get too cocky if Proxies were to now launch attacks of similar calibre with no back channels to give warnngs to duck down then ultimately it will come back on Iran.

The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:51 am

Zambeezi wrote:

GTFO.

back to the speech...

I think he got the kidney punch no bully expects
#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 2713748720
and now he doesn't know what to do
he probably had a row with Darth Vaderstaff too other what he wants and expects as opposed to what can be realistically done.

However with what he's done they can now say we held back, I stand by my thoughts earlier that they're waiting for the proxies
the world waits!

The bit that makes me think Iran may be trying to calm the Proxies (it was just a thought no merit to it) is that Iran has just pulled off something no one else has without getting a hard response I respect them more because they took the swing despite what was potentially coming their way,
me too
however I've never known them to get too cocky if Proxies were to now launch attacks of similar calibre with no back channels to give warnngs to duck down then ultimately it will come back on Iran.

#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 3077205713

Last edited by Zambeezi on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:02 am

username wrote:Soleimani assassination was a huge stupid blunder or a bold attempt to start a war.
This is not a decision that could have been taken by Trump himself out of the blue, especially since he was pushing to pull out of Syria and generally from ME. He obviously did not know who Soleimani was and the weak rhetoric after the event is only a poor attempt to minimize the PR damage. Someone must have pushed hard for it and advisers definitely misled Trump on consequences as this was a huge hit on his supporter base which is against war and for return of US troops home.

Something major must have been done since then behind scenes as Iran response was extremely weak and obviously meant to cause no real damage. Russia was suspiciously quiet as well. Quite surprising to see Russia and China less vocal than some NATO members.
I expect important changes at the top of Pentagon, CIA, DoD.
US cannot win a full conventional war against Iran by itself especially if Iran receives AA assistance from Russia and there is nobody in the region to go against them on the ground.
Trump statement today and Khamenei announcements confirm nobody has any intention to further escalate the conflict.
Some further local militia attacks are still to be expected but the response will be limited as well.

Militarily the US could wreck the Iranians but when that conflict turns into a guerilla conflict thats when the Conventional army will always lose...

The idea if any strike at all would be to cripple Irans ability to wage war take out command and control comm's etc then push the hired crows in to do the dirty business destabilizing Iran with a Syria type blueprint then the assets that are there would be used more so to secure nuclear sites & so forth, realistically that would be a very difficult thing to do more so politically given that it would require more than what's in theatre currently and would take years to accomplish a dismantlement and destruction of said sites and materials.

Its not something that highly appealing to anyone with a sense of reality and everyone would have to be on board for it to stand a chance of working.

I couldn't see the Russians providing Air defence themselves but maybe more of what they've done with Syria that being said Iran does have a better air defence system than most in the ME and Russia AFAIK would be willing to sell the Iranians S400 upon request
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:05 am

Zambeezi wrote:
Zambeezi wrote:

GTFO.

back to the speech...

I think he got the kidney punch no bully expects and now he doesn't know what to do he probably had a row with staff too other what he wants and expects as opposed to what can be realistically done.

The bit that makes me think Iran may be trying to calm the Proxies (it was just a thought no merit to it) is that Iran has just pulled off something no one else has without getting a hard response I respect them more because they took the swing despite what was potentially coming their way, however I've never known them to get too cocky if Proxies were to now launch attacks of similar calibre with no back channels to give warnngs to duck down then ultimately it will come back on Iran.

#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 3077205713

#42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 1455193345 #42 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 33 1455193345
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by It's over Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:09 am

Breaking, Sky News Arabia:

Moqtada Al-Sadr calls on the Iraqi armed factions to quench and not carry out military attacks

Al-Sadr says the crisis ended after Trump's speech

It's over

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:12 am

It's over wrote:Breaking, Sky News Arabia:

Moqtada Al-Sadr calls on the Iraqi armed factions to quench and not carry out military attacks

Al-Sadr says the crisis ended after Trump's speech

there we go
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:14 am

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1214962026805465088?s=20

Replying to
@ArmsControlWonk
@planetlabs
and
@DaveSchmerler
I am going to post a series of comparisons showing the damage from the Iranian strike on Ain Al Assad Airbase. Here are two impact points.
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by It's over Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:35 am

Prominent #Iraq cleric/politician Muqtada al-Sadr says crisis is over following speeches by #Iran and US leaders, calls on militias not to start any military action.

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1214973658181120000

Al-Sadr recommends closing all headquarters of the PMF in Iraq

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsArabia_B/status/1214972319912939520

It's over

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am

check out the 'tension' while they hold their breath hoping the staff can prop him up!
wow... (all the other vids cut this part out)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:44 am

It's over wrote:Prominent #Iraq cleric/politician Muqtada al-Sadr says crisis is over following speeches by #Iran and US leaders, calls on militias not to start any military action.

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1214973658181120000

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsArabia_B/status/1214972319912939520
ha. nope. not 'over' by a LONG shot.
fuckface weasel Sadr has ALWAYS wanted to shut down/disarm the PMF militia(s). always.
ain't.
gonna.
happen.
(ps- it's their ONLY hope against the empire)

Last edited by Zambeezi on Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by bad sign Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:57 am

Breaking News

@BreakingNews
Replying to @BreakingNews

President Trump calls for European allies to now abandon the Iran nuclear deal, and make a new deal with Iran; says he will ask NATO to "become more involved" in the region, and asserts that "we do not need Middle East oil."

bad sign

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:10 pm

bad sign wrote:Breaking News

@BreakingNews

President Trump calls for European allies [victims and targets] to now abandon the Iran nuclear deal [forgive his verbal assaults and sanctions],
and make a new deal with Iran; says he will ask NATO to "become more involved [entangled]" in the region, and asserts that "we do not need Middle East [you can all buy US oil.]"
sure. pig

Last edited by Zambeezi on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Real_Mr_Anderson Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Zambeezi wrote:
bad sign wrote:Breaking News

@BreakingNews

President Trump calls for European allies [victims and targets] to now abandon the Iran nuclear deal [forgive his verbal assaults and sanctions],
and make a new deal with Iran; says he will ask NATO to "become more involved [entangled]" in the region, and asserts that "we do not need Middle East [you can all buy US oil.]"
sure. pig

He'll sell of US oil and invade Venezuela 😂😂
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
The_Real_Mr_Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by .. Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:39 pm

"Round one is over – an initial assessment"

http://thesaker.is/round-one-is-over-an-initial-assessment/

Back to top Go down

Post by Talos Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:05 pm

Lol Al Sadr knows the fatah/PMF coalition is his main rival for parliament seats in Iraq
Talos
Talos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Russian Market
‏@russian_market

IRAQI MILITARY SAYS TWO KATYUSHA ROCKETS FALL INSIDE BAGHDAD'S GREEN ZONE, NO CASUALTIES -STATEMENT

1:11 pm - 8 Jan 2020

https://twitter.com/russian_market/status/1215018197633687552

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:00 pm

you can already 'block' assholes or trolls etc...
these new options just stifle dissemination and discourage critical thinking (aka 'weighing' opinions)
ah well. it's optional... if you want to stifle your own circulation: go ahead. geek

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Prof. Seyed Mohammad Marandi

Nigel Jan 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoMYjaeF1Tc

Grayzone Jan 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjINUJp9bw

CNN Today Jan 8 (do not miss this interview)

God I WISH i could download this CNN interview.... they haven't and won't ever upload to ytube. Mad
**if anyone is able to download it pm me. bounce
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Cool

The main reason for my wish to change this society is that so many human skills have no chance to come to fruition. Instead they are used in a really sick way so that people are maintaining their own suffering from wars, hunger and illness. But it can not be changed "top-down", only in some kind of "grassroots revolution" or better "evolution" where more and more people work together to get rid of TPTB (whoever that is).

No need for a "big event" but development. One of my ideas to reach it: Don't play "their" games - don't use "their" rules - don't think in the box of "their" paradigms.
It's more "refuse" than "resist" - without too much ideology. You don't need to know much about "what's going on behind the curtains", it's mainly to create your own rules together with like-minded people.

That is what I mean with "I'm on the side of the people".

Ceterum censeo Imperium Americanum esse delendum.

Die Lage ist hoffnungslos aber nicht ernst.
Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next