Zodlikeproductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc.

+14
Böhse Tante
ShockJock
Kentus
hillbilly
Pirata
N.O.S.
KneelB4Zod!
Stand_Sure_Anderson
FoShizzle
Libertine
Gavin
Matjaz
Mr Badger
The Original Mind
18 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 Empty Re: The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc.

Post by KneelB4Zod! Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 am

Mr Badger wrote:
M9872367 wrote:Yeah, we all know it is a bit tongue-in-cheek and maybe I should use a few more smileys Wink But then again it is quite unprecedented and many of us enjoy a good weather story and there are people really suffering. Personally, I love it and my living circumstances allow me to enjoy it, yet I've heard so many stories of people, for example, living in high-rises apartment blocks, who haven't been able to sleep for weeks due to stifling conditions. And any time it gets unusually hot or cold, then a number of people, old, young and vulnerable will die. I'm also well aware of the situation in other parts of the world such as Greece and Japan that others have posted on, I just post more about UK because I happen to live there. tongue

Well, I know I'm suffering, it's not easy being a fat bastard in this heat lol! The last time temps hit as high as they're predicted to this year, it was 2003 and I was 130 lbs lighter. But yes, there are people who are bound not to make it through this kind of weather.

The garden is just dead grass and the ground is cracked open like the Grand Canyon. It's the wildlife that concerns me: keeping a fresh supply of water out for the birds.

Grass fires are also a concern, I see many parts of Europe have suffered some big wildfires. We had one on the South Downs the other day.

In Greece it is quite severe. At least 74 dead because of wild fires. Whole families perished.

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

http://zodlikeproductions.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 Empty Re: The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc.

Post by UK AC Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:58 am

Well, if I should judge here, by temperatures and number of pints of beer I'm drinking, thensurely it is hottest summer in history.

lol!

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:06 am

UK AC wrote:The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 _102679006_thesun

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 Giphy

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:17 am

Zod wrote:The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 Giphy

Shoon...

Spoiler:

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:26 am

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Finally back home. In the citiy it's like...

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:56 pm

The UK's all-time temperature record could be broken by Friday as the hot and dry summer continues.

Highs of up to 37C (99F) are forecast in southern, eastern and central England, but the Met Office says "if conditions all come together", the record of 38.5C (101F) could be beaten.

That was set in Kent in August 2003.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44957090

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Greece wildfires: People filmed escaping into the sea

Video shows people taking refuge in the sea as they try to escape wildfires in the area of Rafina.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-44960480/greece-wildfires-people-filmed-escaping-into-the-sea

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:49 pm

UK AC wrote:
Greece wildfires: People filmed escaping into the sea

Video shows people taking refuge in the sea as they try to escape wildfires in the area of Rafina.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-44960480/greece-wildfires-people-filmed-escaping-into-the-sea

81 dead already. Death toll will likely rise. Aftermath footage in the article:

https://www.novinky.cz/zahranicni/evropa/478781-deti-se-drzely-rodicu-za-krk-kdyz-je-sezehly-plameny-popsal-recky-hasic-nicive-pozary.html

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matjaz Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:51 pm

There were four deaths from mosquito bites in Serbia about thirty got infection from some Nile disease. Its quite humid all over the place, these mosquitos are getting nearer every summer. They already in Romania as well.
Matjaz
Matjaz

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Matjaz wrote:There were four deaths from mosquito bites in Serbia about thirty got infection from some Nile disease. Its quite humid all over the place, these mosquitos are getting nearer every summer. They already in Romania as well.

pale

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 1464331766-mosquitoes.gif?crop=1xw:0

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:00 am

Regular heatwaves 'will kill thousands'

The current heatwave could become the new normal for UK summers by 2040 because of climate change, MPs warn.

The Environmental Audit Committee warns of 7,000 heat-related deaths every year in the UK by 2050 if the government doesn't act quickly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44956310

"Quick, give us more of your money!"

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:07 pm

Greek Defence Minister Panos Kammenos has told the BBC illegal construction contributed to one of the country's worst-ever wildfire disasters.

He said building by residents between wooded areas was a "crime" that had resulted in blocking escape routes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44966121

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by koo Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 pm

the minister surname translate as Burned...
Rafina is a strategic port with loads of traffic of people and goods.

when things like this happens I ask myself what the ag3nda 2030 would show for that area?? probably they cleaned the area to make space for some project.

after California fires these things seem to become quite obvious

koo

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Greece has "serious indications" that a fire that killed at least 83 people near Athens earlier this week was started deliberately, Citizen Protection Minister Nikos Toskas says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44971351

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 1050255049

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:59 pm

UK AC wrote:Greece has "serious indications" that a fire that killed at least 83 people near Athens earlier this week was started deliberately, Citizen Protection Minister Nikos Toskas says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44971351

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 1050255049

Czech media wrote that the fire was started at 3 different places at the same time.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Secular Syria
@syria_true
33 min.
@s_total_s2 Flood in Greece,after devastating fires

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Businessweek
@BW
1 min.
There’s something strange going on with the sun https://bloom.bg/2OmtUwQ

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:

Yep my poor old mum is in central East Anglia, right in the hottest part of the country today, although there is a risk of severe thunderstorms for that area later today.

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Mr Badger wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:

Yep my poor old mum is in central East Anglia, right in the hottest part of the country today, although there is a risk of severe thunderstorms for that area later today.

We have warnings over the thunderstorms here as well. Regarding forecasts current temperatures are not even close to end, there should be 33°C and even records could be exceeded.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matjaz Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:22 pm

There's cloudy with sun at my place. I'm a bit worried I wont be able to see the moon tonight cause its low on the horizon. I was thinking to go climb some hill in the area, I would need to gain ground to see it cause lower horizon is obstructed by the hills and there will be clouds.

Afternoon

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 3077205713
Matjaz
Matjaz

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Matjaz wrote:There's cloudy with sun at my place. I'm a bit worried I wont be able to see the moon tonight cause its low on the horizon. I was thinking to go climb some hill in the area, I would need to gain ground to see it cause lower horizon is obstructed by the hills and there will be clouds.

Afternoon

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 3077205713

small wave photo Hithere.gif

There it was quite cloudless the last two nights. Looks like it will be similar today.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Thunderstorm Amber warning in place for East Anglia.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=ee&date=2018-07-27®ionType=area

To have a met office amber warning for Thunderstorms is very rare afaik.

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm

UK heatwave: Up to 34.1c now, hottest day of the year looking probable, July record possible but it'll be a stretch.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/90280-possible-new-uk-all-time-record/?page=3

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:42 pm

UK heatwave:

Many stations now beaten record. Hope one of them is official

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 5 Screenshot_20180727-153601.jpg.2d727844d0236093b1a7ff4808d4994d

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89581-se-and-east-anglia-general-weather-discussion-26032018-onwards/?page=173

Shocked

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next